Monday, May 25, 2015

Etude in Empi and the Arm Breaks - Early studies

Back about 1987 I began to begin my own techmique application study on the first movement of Isshinryu Seisan kata. At that time I also began my own study into kata movement meaning, developing my own methods of application study,
 
One of my choices was to organize application potentials of singular techniques. I haven abandoned these applications but focus on the movements within the kata these days. I completed about 10 similar studies at that time. So far I have located my notes from that time of 2 of them.
 
I organized these studies and gave them names. Such as Edude in Empi, and the Arm Breaks.
 
Some of which I used in clinic in friends schools at times. Though giving clinics was not my purpose.
 




No comments: