Sunday, March 18, 2018

Northern Tai Eagle


 
I had these T-Shirts made of as a gag gift for Ernie when I was training with him about 1981 of 1982.

 

There is no Northern Tai Eagle system, I just made that up.

Because I was studying Yang Long Fist Tai Chi with  him,

 

And form studies from other Chinese Systems.

 

Northen Eagle Claw  - Faan Tzi Ying Jow Pai

Hon Kuen,

Tam Tuie, Power Fist,

 

Northern Preying Mantis  Slip in and Hit- Sip Jow Jing- (Chau Chi)

 

Nothern Shaolin – Dune De Kuen, Peng Tsu Dune Kuen

 

Pai Lum – Pai Lum Kuen , Supple Dragon

A Leopard form, Staff  form, Short Staff Form

 

I was not studying a system, except for my tai chi studies,

Instead studying a range of forms to better understand the Chinese arts,

At first to become a more knowledgable judge, but in time just to study and learn.

 

I joked that he should have been teaching me a system,

So I created one using the names of my major studies with him.

 

Northern Tai Eagle
Norther
 

No comments: