Saturday, September 7, 2019

When you finally look !

 
When I was living in Derry, New Hampshire. after  years, I was still surprised at the bounty on my property. After living there 20 years I made a new discovery.
 
My property was 3 acres and a lot of the summer was spent mowing grass and tending to 100 blueberry bushes on the back acre. So when the grass stopped growing I wasn't walking around looking a the trees. Instead I was trying to rest before fall raking began.
 
Then after my cancer surgery I discovered I had 4 English Walnut trees growing outside. We just discovered walnuts on the ground and many more in the tree. After all these years something new.
 
The walnut crop varied from year to year, at times most bountiful at times very small. Previously the squirrely got them each year which I probably why I didn't notice them.
 
Then one year I attempted to gather them, about 2 bushels, to husk them, but not having the right knowledge I was not successful at that.
 
Still I finally discovered what had be hidden from me.
 
There is a lesson there, what you don't look at you won't see, only when you really look can you see what is there. Funny how that applies to karate kata application potential too.

No comments: