Wednesday, March 18, 2020

“Martial Arts Okinawan Karate Kata” Seienchin kata


I was browsing my ,pdf martial books fire and saw one in German titles “Martial Arts Okinawan Karate Kata”. It didn’t show the author or the date of publication, but it began to interest me. So I scrolled foreward a bit and discovered a few kata applications that interest me. Spent about an hour translating that small section of the book

 
What is interested me most was the application of a movement from kata Senenchin (our Seiunchin). One I had never seen before.

 
Here is my translation of the ending of that section.

 

The Kata Seienchin is first of all a kata, which is practiced with some force. But it is just as all other kata, also executable to the opposite. Let me give you an example. Movements 26-32 mean: First, after dodging, I enter the movement of the attacker with force and destroy his posture to prevent another attack. If I'm not so strong to do this, I use my mind. I let him attack and, in a way, push myself out of his line on the strength of the opponent - in the end I have the same result.

The Kata must be executed as we can. But keep in mind this: we give ourselves too easily beaten and think that this far exceeds the skills we have, so I take the "first" easier way without knowing how deep my skills actually reach.

Women often think they are physically weak without knowing their real strength, or vice versa, men who often think they are strong without knowing that strong and weak cannot be pinned to our physical condition.

But everyone who fights, no matter which way, loses a part of himself!

This is what interested me. For the section of the augmented right block followed by a low strike to the groin with the left fist. It shows use of the step back to right low block, but instead shows that left low groin strike as an entry with that hand into a fireman’s throw.
 

 

No comments: