Tuesday, February 27, 2024

My attempt to learn Aragaki No Sochin

 




Now long ago one of the kata I played with was known as Aragaki No Sochin, I saw a video of the kata and decided it would be fun to play with. I was intrigued by the kata because I saw many interesting uses for its' techniques as well as the unique way the performer used his body to sell the techniques being used.


I was doing this only to push myself, never to train anyone in the kata. 


So, I pushed myself, teaching myself from that video. I knew I really did not have the whole thing, but that was not the reason I was doing this.


Then I began looking around on YouTube and discovered there are many kata called Aragaki No Sochin, each somewhat different from the others. Not studying the system where this was taught, I knew I would not find the correct answer.


The exercise for me was useful, among other things it pushed myself forward at a time that was most challenging for me. Then again it also was useful in my quest to find new kata techniques to apply (a study that never ends).


Isshin - Concentration the Art: Will the Real Aragaki No Sochin please Stand Up

No comments: