Monday, February 18, 2019

Once upon a Time when Masters clashed


It was just a little old karate tournament, one I attended and filmed.


Things got interesting in the Masters Kata competition. Among the competitors were 3 pretty good competitors.

 

 All of them were friends, that weekend Tristan Sutrisno had been giving a private seminar for my students and when I told him about this local tournament he decided to enter. 


I had been to Greg’s dojo one time to attend a seminar with Kise Sensei.


Louise was a friend from the local Gojo organization. 


Additionally one of my students was competing in Black Belt Kobudo at the same time and I switched firming to his ring when he competed.

 
Several masters form competitors and my student in black belt weapons

Greg Lazarus -Matsumura Orthdox Gojushiho
Louise - Goju Seipai  (who was 8 months pregnant at that time)
Mike Cassidy - Black Belt Kobudo Tokomeni No Kon

 

 

Also competing in the same Master’s form competion

Tris Sutrisno  with his family Gojushiho
 


 

How you view who did the better job depends a great deal on the standards you own, IMO all of them did very good jobs.

No comments: