Monday, March 6, 2023

This week I turned 75.

 


 

It seems I should reflect on times passage for me.

 

I never gave any thought on achieving this age.

 

Later this year I will have been married to Maureen Smith for 50 years.

 

I will reach my 48th anniversary in my study of Isshinryu.

 

I will reach ny 45th anniversary in my study of Yang Long Fist Tai Chi Chaun.

 

In my years I have been fortunate to learn a bit of many diverse martial arts and then learnt from those studies.

 

All of thoaw instructors were better martial artists than I ever was. I was so fortunate all of them shared with me. I have done my best to remember what they shared.

 

I worked many places and provided for my family.

 

I tried to serve my community by offering karate instruction to the youth of my community for free as adults did for the kids of my home town when I was young. Knowing that spending time with youth would add to the texture of their lives.

 

I created this Blog,” Isshin. Concentration the Art” to share with my 10 senior students so many things that I taught them and many other things I never had time to share in out 35+ years together as their training was always more important.

 

But I do not believe in secrets and allowed others to see them. Over the years in excess of 1,00,000 have done so. But I never did this for others.


Now I am no longer participating in FaceBook I see thst daily those that view have dropped to about 1/10 of those previously viewing my blog. That is ok. For I never got anything from those who viewed my blog.

 

Turning to my files I am finding so much that I saved, things that no one today ever disusses.

 

I also realize that my blog really was done for myself.

 

Time passes and I continue to grow in my understanding of the martial arts.

 

I hope that never ends.

No comments: