Monday, April 15, 2019

Then there were the times class had snow days



My adult students were all smarter than I was, every time.

When I lived in Derry, New Hampshire, a reality year to year was there would be huge snowstorms. I am referring to those storms of a foot of snow or more.

Every time, we did not connect via phone. So every time I would somehow drive over the Boys and Girls Club, in that snow, just in case someone showed up. I am referring to the early Saturday morning 8 am classes for the Adults.

And every time all of them were smarter than I was, keeping safe, staying home. Which is what they should have done in any case.

For my first 5 years there I would go inside the club and train, then leave through the snow.

Time passed and I guess I got a little, very little, smarter. I just waited in my car from 7:30 to 8:00 am then would leave to go home. At times the snowplow for the Club parking lot would show up and then I moved my car around while they plowed the lot.

I never got smart, always showed up just in case anyone wanted to train.

Now in the desert of Arizona, there is no snow here, my wife’s idea.

No question she was/is/always will be smarter than me.

But every time I hear about another storm, all those waiting times come back to my mind.

No comments: