Monday, September 7, 2020

What you don't look for you won't see




I had lived on my property for 30 years. With 3 acres of grass maintenance and 100 blueberry bushed to keep me busy each summer, by the time late summer arrived I stopped walking around my property perhaps saving energy for the eventual fall raking of the front yard. Then after my cancer surgery walking abound my property in the fall I discovered there were at least 4 English walnut trees there, Had not noticed that before, and am sure the squirrels disposed of the walnuts. As the years followed I discovered they did not have the same 'crop' each year. So one year I attempted to gather them and try to remove the husks. I was less that successful but the effort was interesting, for one thing I began to realize how many there were there.


The lesson is that what you don't look at completely, you will not see.

As much a lesson for me in my back yard 
as it is for understanding karate's potential.

No comments: