Friday, July 30, 2021

Victor on Kama studies and creation of a kama drill

 


 

I had studied two kama forms from Tristan Sutrisno. In each of them I was shown those forms over one training session. Then spent the rest of my years working on them. They are fine forms which I have enjoyed studying.

 

This is the basic execution of Chosen No Kama Dai. 


 


 

This is Tristan Sutrisno showing me some new details about the form, most of which I had not seen previously. His kata often have several different versions of technique for when you advance with the form

. 

 

Here is one of his senior students performing the form.



 

I wanted something I felt used the kama in a manner in which I felt more comfortable, more of a beginning kama form. But I never had occasion to study one.

 

I worked up my own kama drill after seeing this kama kata.


Okinawan kama 


 

Of course what I came up with is not the same, for I was not trained in this form.

My Kama Drill

 


This was not an attempt to preserve my best performance. It was created to be a record of what I created for my senior students.


https://isshin-concentration.blogspot.com/2018/05/a-deep-dip-into-kama-kata-i-have-seen.html 


No comments: