Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Some of the Chinese Arts I studied


Once upon a time I studied the Chinese Arts with Ernest Rothrock Laoshi.

I already was studying Yang Long Fist Tai Chi Chaun with him and wished to understand the Chinese Arts better as I often had to judge Chinese forms. For a period of five years I studied various forms from him.

Through diligent research I've found close versions of those forms to share with my students. They are not 100% identical to my studies but are close enough to allow understanding of what I studied.

 
Northern Shaolin (Sil Lum) Duen Da Chaun  
 

Northern Mantis (Tai Tong Long) Chachui   
 
  

Chin Woo Tan Tui               

           

 

Chin Woo Gong Li Quan  
 
                              

Faan Tzi Ying Jow Pai  Shi Lu Xing Quan (行拳) is known as the "Walking Fist." As I learned it.
 
There are two versions on line. 
 
 

For the video it is called Eagle Claw Flip Fist Slap Fist 1st to 10th Road

               

Just a small point. The versions I learned from Rothrock Laoshi often used deeper stances and often more dynamic body mechanics. But the techniques shown are reasonably close to the ones I studied.

 

 

                       

 

 

No comments: