Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Mabuni 7 Count Kicking Drill


Somewhere in my files I have notes on a 7 point kicking drill developed by Mabuni Kenwa.  Unfortunately I can’t source it at this time.

I did locate Marc Fryberg doing a low level performance of this drill. Most of the time I save these performances to show the technique but not to define the drill as to where it goes at higher level performance.

The Mabuni 7 Count Kicking Drill

1.      Right knee strike
2.      Right front kick ball of the foot to the groin
3.      Right front kick ball of the foot to the abdomen
4.      Right front kick heel to the solar plexus
5.      Right back rear side kick toward the knee level
6.      Right back kick to the rear
7.      Right front forward side kick toward the knee level

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sensei, I couldn't get the video to play. It just goes blank.

Victor Smith said...

Tim, I also see it on my pc but not my ipad. I don't know the issue.
If you send me your email address to isshim2@comcast.ner, I will send you a private link to ny video. Victor