Friday, October 12, 2018

Tai Chi from the past


Tai Chi from the past

 

First there is this Eagle Claw drill that Ernest Rothrocks instructor used to begin and end every class. I have found it a great way to prepare for my tai chi too.

Eagle Claw Chi Kung

 
 

I began studying Yang Long Fist Tai Chi in 1979 with Ernest Rothrock. One class a week. It took 2 years to learn the entire form and the Yang Sword he taught at that level of training.

 

One day after 10 years I had the occasion to join with Ernie performing ½ of the form before friends. I had not done tai chi with him for over 5 years as we then lived very far apart. I was somewhat proud that I had retained what I had learned so well.

 

Yang Ernie and Victor

 

 

Apparently I gave a short tai chi demo before some friends in 1991. I don’t remember giving it, much later this video was shared with me.

 

Yang 04-91

 

 

In the 1990s to push myself I started competing in several senior instructor form divisions with a form Ernie and  I crafted for those competitions. This one video was made of that.

 

Yang 1993

 

 

After my disabilities began it took me a year to work out what I could do. This is an example of what I now do.

 

Yang 04-14
 


 

 

 

No comments: