Sunday, October 6, 2019

I woke up this morning with a technique on my mind


 
 
Woke up this morning, dragged a comb across my head, but it entangled a principle on my mind from last nights sleep.

 
To attempt to describe it begin with an opponent striking/reaching with their right toward you, and stepping forward with their right foot. Doesn’t much matter what they are doing, a shoveling strike to your abdomen, a roundhouse to your head, a hand reaching to grab you, anything at all.

 
What they are doing is moving forward toward you and that means their center is shifting at the same time. During their motion they are a bit forward and thus off  balance.

 

As I saw it I worked the interior line of defense against such an attack.

 
I began stepping forward with my right foot, using the crescent step to drive out from my center line (where 2/3rd of the stepping motion was moving to the center line, and 1/3rd of the step was done exploding out of that same center line).

 
As that was occurring my own center was shifting across their attacking limb with my right arm crossing atop their striking arm and my left arm crossing under my right parry, retaining my strongest alignment of that parry. My forward motion fueling the deflection of their arm.

 
Then as the parry deflection takes place, my right arm rolls their attacking arm down, then my center rolls to the right allowing my right arm to roll them to the right and away. My right arm now under their limb.

 
While that occurs my left hand now separates and flows upward, That allows my left palm to cross their face causing their head to turn away from that touch, rotating that head on their neck.

 
At that point my center rolls back to the left. My right arm under their limb continues to lift it up, and my left arm caressing their turning face also rotates down to the left.

 
In effect this spins them on their own centerline ( which they so graciously moved off center toward you ) and the effect of that spin places them on the floor, as you have taken control of their balance.
 

My own rolling alignment, the force enhancer from my stepping method, the use of the mawashi uke movement as this occurs all contribute to taking advantage of their offering of their balance to attack me.
 

So see man, fall down go boom.

 
Such is how my morning begins.
 

 O’ and you don’t change a thing even if they use a left punch/grab to create their opening. The same sequence still works.

No comments: