Wednesday, October 2, 2019

It is just a short stick, for developing my grip


 


I can not hide from reality in any way. My disability has left me much weaker, and along with the other elements I must deal with what martial activity I am capable of is much, much lesser.

But daily  I continue to train as I am able, running karate kata, t’ai chi and other exercises that I can do.

Much of my personal focus remains on retaining as much striking power as possible, even more important to me as it appears I have nothing less.

What I am focusing on is just a small stick hardly longer than my hand. A stick with some simple twine wrapped around it.

If anyone notices it I have an answer, it is a grip strenthing tool, as it also serves that function.

But when held in my hand it reinforces my fist allowing me to strike with the ridge of my knuckles in my vertical fist harder. And if I use the fist as a hammer, to the face, to the neck, to the ribs, etc. it hits ever harder. It can also be used as if in a miss, to open up a strong strike with the back strike. So it can hit you coming or going.

I practice kata with it, t’ai chi sword and bando hidden stick with it in my hands. All of them work abet with some adjustments.

And at times I can have a short stick in either hand.

Speak softly and carry a short stick.

 


No comments: