Monday, February 10, 2020

One Moment in Time



One evening I went to a nearby town outside of Scranton, to train with friends in a Japanese style most of you have never heard of (Synko Ryu). The instructor ran two programs in the area, one at Marywood College and this other program.

I attended for the sweat workout with friends, not to really learn that system.

 The evening I recall he called for everyone to work in pairs. Then one person got atop the other person’s shoulders and the individual on the bottom was to work across the gym floor throwing front kicks. Then reaching the other side the people were to change places and the other person was to kick back across the store.

 I am not a small man (and never was), I drew the other large individual to sit on my shoulders to start then I began to throw front kicks across the floor.

Next we changed places and I was now on his shoulders, Sitting there I rode him as he did his front kicks.

As I remember it, it was very trying to kick down the floor with someone on my shoulders.

But it was more trying to sit atop him as he kicked himself. The entire time I was sure I was going to fall as I made him work to do it.

That was a one time experience. Never did it again anyplace else.

I guess it was the season.


No comments: