Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Hints from one who walked the walk 3


 

 

I was just reading an article from the HUE Journal of Humanities, Social and Natural Sciences, Vol. 22 No. 2, September 2019. It was titled ‘Talking with the Senior Practitioners of the Martial Arts: Hiroshi Kinjo’ ,written by Masatosho Taya and translated by Mark Tankosich.

 

 

The Meaning of Practice is found in its Continuance.

 

Q: Your karate career has spanned 77 years. Looking back at it, how do you feel?

 

Oh, I don’t think I practiced enough. I regret that I couldn’t reach the level of master. But I do think that maybe I can figure out what sorts of steps might allow someone to become an expert, a master.”

 

Such candor, such honesty, something very rare in this martial world.

 

For more reading on Hiroshi see this link by Andreas Quast

 

 

No comments: