Monday, February 8, 2021

Watching any sports

 


Back in 1984 when I moved to New England for work I really knew no one in the area. For my work I was trained that I really could not talk about what I  did for the variety of companies I worked for. That left me having nothing in common with the people I worked around. I spent hours commuting to and from work each day. And my free time was spent on home responsibilities and my passion for my karate activities, which I really could not explain to others at work either.

 

Realizing I had to find something in common to be sociable, I decided to follow the Red Sox and the Patriots. I choose to become a supporter. At that time neither team was winning titles, so I took the stand they would win every year no matter what happened. And I followed the scores of the games, All of that gave me something to talk about with people. I really did not watch the games much, for I spent all my free time teaching and training in my karate studies.

 

Then the wheel turned and the Red Sox and the Patriots began to win championships.. That gave me more to talk about.

 

I did not talk about TV shows, for I did not watch them.  Nor did I pay attention to the other ‘popular events’.

 

That lasted until my disabilities began eventually leading to my moving to Arizona.

 

Then no longer really associating with others, I stopped paying attention to all the sports.

 

It made no difference in the quality of my life.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


So I spent this afternoon watching several PBS shows I have seen before and always enjoyed. Having recorded them I fast forwarded through the parts I knew too well and really were filler not advancing the story.

 

Then my mind started working on an application for the 2nd row of Seisan kata, one I don’t believe I ever did before. My answer worked right interior, right exterior, left interior and left exterior. That left me thinking rather well about myself.

 

I realized then that my answer was a variation of how I suggested for mawashi-uke. The same answer working for a different technique. The working point was the way each application fractal can be applied.

 

Everything old is new again.

https://isshin-concentration.blogspot.com/2018/08/mawashi-uke.html

https://isshin-concentration.blogspot.com/2018/01/to-sleep-perchance-to-dream.html


No comments: