Friday, September 10, 2021

Karate Training in Japan from the past

 

Something you have to watch,

I imagine this was training in Japan in the past.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwgSGiA6liw

 

This reminds me of how my Isshiryu studies went when I was a beginner.

Though some of those drills were similar to how I was trained, many were not used.

The one thing was it always worked up a sweat till my gi was soaked.

 

The reason I like the sweat was when I was a beginner after warmup I always had a 6 foot poll of water around me and I had to run and get a mop to clean up the store. 


In fact I was too ofter a striking dummy for the greenbelts, and my only chance was if they nailed me with a side kick that when they put their foot on the floor they would then slip and fall.

No comments: