Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Superior Rolling Falls - Karate, Aikido and Tjimande

 


One summer weekend morning when I was visiting Tristan Sutrisno I woke early, no one in the house was up. However I heard a strange noise coming outside the back of his house.

 

I went to the window and I observed Tristan practicing rolling breakfalls in the water of his kids above ground pool. Over and over he was working on his technique.

 

I knew many of the techniques he did for his Shotokan Bunkai (Sutrisno Family Bunkai), for his Aikido and for his Tjimande, used those breakfalls.

 

He was using the water to cushion his breakfalls to perfect his technique in slow motion.

 

That explains part of his ability to perform them so perfectly.

 

I have never heard of anyone doing the same drills in a pool.

No comments: