Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Thought it might be good to talk about being disabled.

 


Thought it might be good to talk about being disabled. For one thing to make you think about people with disabilities. Not for myself but others.

One of my disabilities is that speech is difficult. So I rarely use the phone. And even less rare does anyone call me. I understand but I also understand how it can affect the disabled. With of course many, many different disabilities.

I am fortunate I can still type which allows me some access to the world.

I do not drive, feeling to exposed to risking others. So what I can do is walk 1-3 miles weather permitting. Which does compress the world. I get out with my wife every few weeks for a ride.

Few take the time to visit. I do understand this, everyone has lives. But when someone can visit it makes the day more special.

I suggest you might take the time to think about those you know who are disabled and spend a little time with them. Doesn’t require much from you, but it would mean a lot to them.






No comments: