Sunday, November 13, 2022

Sherman on how to always strike into an attackers arm.

 


Reviewing my notes I made in 2005 following Sherman Harrill’s death and were then placed in my Sherm-Pedia, I always found the principles that Sherman shared,  the most important thing I learned from him. My notes are 15 pages long. This is one of the principles that I understood.

 

1.    You can always Punch Your Own Palm  june 10, 1995. 

 

Working on Wansu applications, Harrill Sensei made a point, without looking you can always punch your own palm. He then used this principle to strike into an arm, where you only had to place your hand on the other side, and 100% of the time you’d strike the arm, aiming for the hand……

 

 

The 10 years when I attended Sherman’s clinics continually I was seeing kata applications that were only shared once. This is an example of how Sherman shared.

 

Sherman arm striking – June 1995

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6gpW6URhHI




 

No comments: