Sunday, November 27, 2022

Ufcuchiku

 Another found older post discussion made by Robert Oroczo


 

Angel Lemus This is truly an incredible story. Enjoy the read.


This was the first issue of Bugeisha, I was Marquez' student at the time and he had just gotten back from Okinawa with tons of knowledge, information, katas and bunkai and most fascinating the old "karamidi: from the Ufushiku-Den system. I was actually the ghost writer that helped Marquez sensei on this article.

Kaishu Isa is an incredible man, not only a humble and funny character who did not hold anything back from Marquez Sensei and his entourage, he is one hell of a knowledgeable martial artist.

I went nuts when I saw what Isa Sensei was doing, he was so fluid, fast and took absolute control of people 2x his size and reduced them to rubber chickens, hitting pressure points, locking them, twisting them while all the time smirking and cracking up like if he was a little kid, and I don;t mean to say he was malicious, I just think he enjoyed doing what he did so much that it put a smile on his face. He truly enjoyed sharing and showing and doing.

One thing I noticed was the total lack of tension, he was relaxed and that allowed him to move like the wind. His mastery of weaponry is what began an influence on me that has changed how I look at kobudo to this day. Using the the Bo and Sai like I had never seen any other kobudo system before, and I had studied Taira and Matayoshi Kobudo and Isa's methodology and applications were clearly superior and made sense, using the full length of the bo instead of the common 2/3 hand positions, similar to Yamanni ryu but even more. Using the Sai he demonstrated blocking like I had never seen, again it made sense and it worked because it took into account the force of the other weapons coming at you and it showed who to receive the force and move with it to your advantage.

Next Saturday we have here in Hawaii the 1 year anniversary of Pat Nakata Sensei's Passing to that big dojo in the sky. And one of the kata I am going to perform is one of the ones from Kaishu Isa- he never really called it anything, so I just call it Ufushiku Sai. I will post it on the Zentokukai Youtube page and you can check it out. It is a very cool kata with a definitely flair of Ufushiku kobudo.

For those of you familiar with Yamanni Ryu and have seen or done Kyan no Sai, that is a Ufushiko kata from Shosei Kina to Shinyei Kyan. Shosei Kina studied with Kanagusuku Sanda (a.k.a.- Ufushiku).

 

Angel Lemus No it ran for 2 years 96 to 98. I plan to republish it as an IBook for iPad then a kindle book. Maybe this year or 2015 but there is one major project I'm trying to get off the ground before I can re publish bugeisha which will be of interest to the entire karate world and will be material never before seen by anyone. I guarantee it will knock everyone's socks off. If you think this article on bugeisha was incredible this thing I'm working on is in a class by itself. So for bugeisha I'm not talking about new material, just the existing issues 1-7 and the never published issue #7.

 

Ufuchiku No Eiku  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yldd0nHkSA


Ufuchiku No Tonfa  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKAKVlF5__Y



Kina Kama  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC5M4fWO7uo&list=PL4989A5BCB768B278


Saijutsu – Gyakute Moochi Jodan Uke  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noREe4yb_Jc




Bo demonstration Kina  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0HGOl94RpU&list=PL4989A5BCB768B278

  


No comments: