Sunday, January 19, 2020

A Tale of Turkey's - A memory I want to retain from Derry



A Tale of Turkey’s

We have had a flock of wild turkeys walk through the neighborhood and my yard for years.
In the spring it is a hen and her chicks. Then the flock grows throughout the year.

 This time of year they are quite large birds.

The other day Scout was sleeping at the front window, her jaw on the sil like normal. When she awoke the flock was in her front yard. She started barking loud and almost went through the window to get them. They began to fly in a start. Very impressive watching the large turkeys take flight.

Several days later it was time for Scout to go outside on her line. When she went out there was the flock grazing across my side yard. Well Scout charged at them barking their head off. She has a bark of a much larger dog. They took flight and one of them treed high in our Weeping Willow tree, I got my camera and got this shot.
 

No comments: