Tuesday, January 21, 2020

January 21, 2019 - A Random Act of Kindness

 



When something Rotten this was comes – A random act of kindness

Today was unusual. A very stiff wind was coming in. It wsn’t too cold, but the wind made it feel cooler.

The reality of my disabilities is that I use a walker on my walks. Not that I need it but to try and be safer. Careful planning each and every time.

Today I was walking by the golf course when I saw some Canadian Geese on the course. I stopped to take a photo. But a stiff gust of wind caught my walker (a much lighter model than what I use today) and it began traveling away. I turned and tried to stop it, actually got my hand on it, then my feet got entangled with each other and I began to go down.

I didn’t try to stick anything and catch myself. I more of rolled down on my side. When I hit the ground my right leg received a large scrape on my shin through my sweatpants. My side taking the impact felt some pain (about a 3 on the 10 scale), and I received a few scrapes on my right little fingers. All in all not too bad.

But I could not get up, I was on my back and do not have the ability to get up.

However a passing motorist saw what happened, He stopped and helped me to my feet, then picked up my walker. After thanking him he left.

I then continued on my way. Feeling my injuries but not hampered.

So another morning walk.

The wind continued to blow as I traveled. I thought about being the recipient of a random act of kindness.

There are times when we need it.

And when I said the winds were blowing, my wife when taking the dog down to the dog park this afternoon, saw the tumbleweeds blowing across the road. She managed to take one photo.


No comments: