Saturday, August 1, 2020

Looking at Defensive Movement


Lately I have been going through my saved hard files and I am finding many forgotten treasures.  This is one of them.

 
I believe it came from a very old issue of Inside Kung Fu, but don’t let that fool you. I believe it is the  best description of avoidance movement, with incredible graphics, that I have ever seen.

 
IMO it definitely ties into tai sabaki, and is very much worth viewing.
 

It is not the totality of what is possible, but perhaps a starting point for you.

 

 

1 comment:

Victor Smith said...

Roman von Brüx

Dear Victor, it is very good intention to share such a details. What I often miss, is the fact that a lot of experienced karate practitioners do not pay attention to the most efficient way of movement.

Young ones are trying to move with muscle power and older ones do often the same thing, till the joints are signaling don't do that.

Unfortunatelly some of the older guys think, that this is a signal to stop karate practice. That is of course wrong. The message of the pain in joints is this:"..., seek and strive for better movement according to your body construction and actual ability. Use the body right, don't fight against yourself".