Sunday, August 30, 2020

Several photos from the Konishi "Zukai Karate" 1956


 
 
Recently I met Maurizio Di Stefano When he voluntarily translated into Italian and English the text a http://isshin-concentration.blogspot.com/2020/08/by-sharing-we-all-grow.htmlccompanying some old photos I shared, which I posted his translation on my blog at 



He then told me he had fun doing it and told me he would glad to tackle another projext. So I went searching through .pdf files I had accumulated and discovered a set of photos that might be interesting to see the translations.
 
The photos I selected were from theKonishi    Zukai Karate 1956.

Maurizio started there and did some discovery on his own.

He replied : “ok, I've checked and you are correct. it's from the book published in 1956. The PDF is avalaible for free here: https://evols.library.manoa.hawaii.edu/handle/10524/1060
 
Then he worked his magic and just sent me the Italian translation, which I then used Bing translate to deliver his translation into English.

 

Page 1

1: kawazu shoten [kawazu editions]

2: New introductory texts

3: Introduction to Karate with illustrations

4: New introductory texts 5: with illustrations 6: introduction to karate

7: Shindo Jinen ryu 8

( author: Konishi Yasuhiro

9: Shindo Jinen ryu

0: Author: Konishi Yasuhiro


 

 
Page 2

 

1: Technique for when you are grabbed by two people

 2: (1) When you are grabbed by both arms by two people, one on the right and one on the left, you need to relax and, immediately...

 



Page 3

 

1: (2) The technician turns his face to the right and silently carries his right foot in front, while he crosses behind his left leg, calmly showing his spirit...

 2: (3) as he carries his right fist towards him with a decisive movement, with his left foot he kicks his genitals and frees his hands in grip...

3: (4) Putting all the strength in his body and maximum resolve, rips off his left hand and as soon as he controls one of them with the speed of a bird in flight...

4: (5) rotate on the right foot and plant the left leg in the groin of the right opponent; then, as he pulls it with his right hand, with his left fist he hits the opponent's right elbow with yoko uchi and, as appropriate, hits his face with ura uchi.

 


 

I think we have all learned something from this. When we reach out to each other and use what  skills we possess, what can result is far greater than we would have achieved on our own. May we all learn this lesson.


 

Maurizio Di Stefano I am forever in your debt for the kindness you have extended to make this all possible.

No comments: