I want to be fair. Now I am just retired from instruction, I would offer the following advice to my students who have taken over my Isshinryu program.
Karate is to be in the Olympics. What does that do for the program we have built?
1. They do not strike the right way.
2. Their stances are not the stances we use.
3. The continually pause after almost each technique, I think for dramatic effect.
4. They use the wrong kata.
5. The applications they show are not simple enough for reality.
6. The judges do not meet our quality standards as they give high scores for the above things.
Apparently their choice of standards is incomplete.
There is not enough time for karate and something else.
In the meantime I recommend we continue to practice karate.
Being my blog I take full authority for my opinion.