Thursday, December 29, 2022

I only taught karate to young or old.

 



I was teaching at the local Boys and Girls Club with my programs.

 

Often at local events parents would ask me where they should take their 3,4,,5 or 6 year old child to obtain karate training.

 

I always told them the truth, they could not get karate training for one so young, and they would be better off getting beginning dance training from a qualified instructor, both the boys and girls.

 

In reality beginning dance is better youth movement instruction for every child, to later be built upon whatever they later choose to be.

 

But especially the parents of boys recoiled at the idea of their son in dance class.

 

Reality my son and my daughter both studied early dance, and when I was young I too had beginning dance.

 

They really didn't want informed advice, just what they wanted to hear.

No comments: