Thursday, December 22, 2022

When you believe it is cold! T'ai Chi weather


I hear most of the country is down to -20f, that was the temp.  When I taught tai chi outside on my driveway back in Derry, NH,  in the fresh derry-aire....

 

A friend stated,  “That’s the kind of cold that kills!”

 

Not if you are dressed for it, in NH that is skiing weather...

 

But those were the days. That cold morning was when Doc joined my tai chi class. He got out of his car warning me he was a surgeon and had to protect his hands. I told him we have a special method in tai chi to do that. It is called wearing gloves.


 True story,  when the guys approached me about beginning the class, I told them in China they do it outside, in hotter and colder weather than were they lived. And that I wasn't going to do less than China,   For 15 years I only cancelled class for rain.Our class temperatures went from -20f to +110f and we always had class.


I always took my tai chi as seriously as I approached my karate.


 

No comments: