Monday, October 9, 2023

Update on Eagle Claw - Faan Tzi Ying Jow Pai

 


A Quick Update

 

I have attempted to learn the first few rows of the Eagle Claw form Lin Kuen (of which there are 50 rows) as back in 1981 he taught me the 10 row form Hon Kuen which contains all of the Eagle Claw techniques. Lin Kuen however contains all the variation of the clawing. 


 was using a book his instructor created showing the 50 rows. But as I attempted the first 3 rows (badly of course) I discovered that things did not seem right from that book, so I wrote Ernie. His reply was to sent me a link to a private video of Sheum performing the first 10 rows. 

While the movements in the book are correct it was merely meant to be used as a tool to remember which claw was in which row. Of course his execution was incredibly fluid, matching his Wu tai chi.

So back to work for me.

 

You might like this.

 

The Quick  Simple Locks of Eagle Claw

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10155332280985516

unfortiunately this video is no longer available

 


However from my files




No comments: