Thursday, April 11, 2024

Flying Armbar – Silat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFJJCia9Quo



"...you have to learn the art as well, not only what is for combat
"you know you can stop the fight"


 "don't try to fight him, show that you have superior movement".


Angel  Lemus   

This is what I love to see. Very nice!

Michael Craig It's not what you commonly associate with "Flying Armbar" definitely more applicable. 

Very interesting the way he torques the shoulder up and in back to past the 'victim's' center before and as he changes level. It's very aikido-esq, I think.


Paul Browne 

I know the technique well but I've never seen kneeling used to bring the opponent down,, must try that. Thank you for posting it.


Mikasan  McLaughlin 

I was shown that as a Pinan application but certainly can cross to Naihanchi or Wansu.

I do like his applications.


John  DeStefano 

I like how he says, "...you have to learn the art as well, not only what is for combat". 

Also that it isn't about speed, it's that with every movement, "you know you can stop the fight" and "don't try to fight him, show that you have superior movement". 

These are the sorts of gems that I think should help guide our practice.


Michael Craig 

Paul, I tried it tonight. It's not the cartwheel throw like uki did in the video. But it is very effective with the level change so sudden

No comments: