Tuesday, July 24, 2018

440,000 individual views to my blog.


I really am not sure what to make of it.

 
I started my blog for my students, those who spent decades with me.

 
1. I wanted to preserve memories of my journey where their art originated.

2. I wanted to remind them or specific lessons to help them remember so many things we worked on.

3. There were so many things I studied, that were impossible to pass along, no one had that much time after all. Some day some of those might make sense to them or their future students.

4. The vast range of things I studied, wrote, translated, etc. never had a place in our classes together. I wanted to preserve them in case some future student of theirs would find them useful.

5. At the same time I was more than willing to let anyone else interested see what was there. They would not have had the floor time behind the writings. If any of them put the effort into making these words a part of their reality, then they certainly deserved them. And those who just want to read, that’s ok too.

 

There is not a specific structure to my writing. These posts meander around just as I experienced all of it in life. My instructors certainly shared a very specific order to what they taught, but my memory skips around and  I wanted anyone who was following these writings to feel the same experience.

 

Of course there is a great deal more that is not shared on my blog. Those memories, thoughts, experiences I pass along privately to my students. Unfair perhaps, but that is how it is.

 

And I have no shortage as to where to go next.

 

 

 

No comments: