Thursday, May 4, 2023

This time Bruce Lee's One Inch Punch

 

So I have started to use my new method to view motion on a YouTube.

This time Bruce Lee's One Inch Punch.

 


Jim Keenan It looks like more of a 16+" punch to me - starts about 2" away then he lurches forward so far that his right pectoral muscle is over the instep of his front foot (extending the entire length of his arm from elbow to shoulder and then adding a shoulder extension, too) but then recovering to a position close to the start - all of it happening so quickly that, if there wasn't this frame by frame breakdown, you would miss all of this. Bruce Lee was very fast and strong for his size.

 

But this "technique" as performed is more of a sideshow trick he happens to do particularly well. It fall in the same category as the trick I do where I ask any karate person to take up the strongest stance they can and then I knock them over with a light touch of one finger. (And, yes, if we ever get together,

I'll be happy not only to do it to you but to show you how it's done.)


No comments: