Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Inverted Punch (270 degree Punch)

 

– Ernest Rothrock

 

https://isshin-concentration.blogspot.com/2022/09/inverted-punch-270-degree-punch-ernie.html

 


Awhile ago in perhaps I was taking advantage of the Saturday afternoon free practice at the Shaolin School in Wilkes Barre. I had been studying tai chi and a variety of Chinese forms with Ernest Rothrock Laoshi, As I was working out I saw Laoshi working with one of his senior students and they were performing a punch I had never seen in karate. I recognized the power of that strike. Noted it and then went back to my own training.

 

Run forward maybe 15 years an my mind went back to that strike. As I was living in NH and he in Pittsburgh, I sent him a message inquiring about that strike. What follows it his response.



No comments: