Monday, September 4, 2023

People rarely talk about what happens at a clinic, I mean in a generic sense.

 


 




Whether a clinic within your system, or with an instructor who is sharing a bit of his knowledge about any aspect of the arts. Even a small focused clinic. I am sharing some of my memories and thoughts about clinics, for I have participated in many types and I have some observations that might prove useful.

 

Understand unless you are an instructor who plans to teach this material to your own students, what you acquire is your own responsibility, it is highly unlikely your instructor will amend their program to include what you saw. The burden then is on you to retain what you saw. And understand that what you saw might not be the same as what they showed.

 

So to begin with a few memories from over the years.

 

https://isshin-concentration.blogspot.com/2014/11/regarding-clinic.html

 

 

I was an instructor but never shared anything I learned without working on what I saw for at least 5 years, hoping I grained some grasp of the material. Even when you acquire great knowledge how to integrate it into what you are already teaching (and I always had faith in what I taught) is no easy matter, often taking years to find the right place to introduce it. A great deal I saw I never had the time to share, as there were always more important things to do.

 

Then I have some further clinic memories to share.

 

https://isshin-concentration.blogspot.com/2014/11/further-clinic-memories.html

 

A few things to chew on.

 


 

No comments: