Friday, October 13, 2023

An update to my continuing studies with Eagle Claw

 

Update 4-2-2020 on my attempt to learn a few rows of the Eagle Claw form Lin Kuen.

 

 

Having the private video of Leung Shum performing the first 10 rows is a great help over just using his book on the techniques of each row.

 

While I had learned the Eagle Claw techniques a while back (1981) and understand what is going on, it is proving most challenging.

 

Foremost that I have so little balance, am much unstable, I can approximate the stances, but my mind keeps being drawn to my feet and pulls my focus continually away from my upper body/hand movements.

 

I underwent much the same thing on my t’ai chi with the onset of these disabilities.


Then it took me a year to rework the form to replace steps by swaying in movement sections most of the time.

 

Until I gain greater control over my movements, I am just working on the first two rows

 

Still it gives me something to work on.

 



 

I can get through a few rows of my Yang T’ai Chi (out of 6)

 

My Sanchin is not totally awful.

My other kata I rotate from day to day.

One day Seiunchin and Naifanchi.

One day Wansu and Chinto.

One day SunNuSu.

At different times I select other kata.

Most of my Kobudo is very short stick, and a foot stick.

   I sometimes use the very short stick to work on Yang T’ai Chaun Sword.  

 

It all depends on the day.




No comments: