Saturday, October 28, 2023

The method of breathing is either hard of soft - Pai Lum form Vital Breath

 

This is a short video on Vital Breath.

As explained by Ernest Rothrock this is a 

special breathing routine to develop the internal dynamics.

I used to do this routine 3 times a day.

When done correctly, you’ll be totally exhausted after

your performance of the form.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmfBSdN_Ep0

 


 

This was the first of 3 different levels of breathing.

Years later Ernie told me that Daniel Pai 

once had him spent a year on this form.

One time I talked Ernie into showing me the 2nd level of breathing.

He consented and showed me how to do the first movement 

with that breathing method.

I attempted it and immediately got a very strong stitch in my side.

Abandoning the attempt, and I immediately forgot how it was done.

 

The form is the Pai version of Goju Tensho,

Pai at one time taught Goju.


 


No comments: