Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Seichusen is the japanese word for the center line.

 




A real example of how little I know. I saw this video being shared, a lecture in Japanese. Thinking it was about Seiunchin kata I asked Joe Swift about the term, compared to the 3 other terms used for Seiunchin. And what I found out is I have absolutely no knowledge about what it was about. I recognized the name of the presenter, Aragaki, All errors were my own, once again Joe set me straight.

 

Me

Is any of this true? I remember your saying there were at least 4 different versions of the name in Japanese?

 

正中線で加速する!新垣清が語る重力落下と正中線!The true "Seichusen" in Okinawan karate, Kiyoshi Arakaki

Accelerate on the midline! Kiyoshi Niigaki talks about gravity fall and midline!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcR1SEjHJME

 


\

Joe

are you asking if the use of the centerline in karate is true, rather than the use of a center axis? if so then yes, i believe it is true. https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/t27/1.5/16/1f600.png

 

Victor

I saw a lecture in Japanese and most likely misunderstood what it was about. What do you expect of a 'dumb' Isshinryu guy after all? LOL

 

Joe

i believe tatsuo knew how to do it, and taught it to a certain extent in his basics and kata

 

Victor

Actually I had no idea what it was about, thinking it was just some explaination for Seiunchin (Seienchin or whatever?) I guess I will go and craw back under my rock.

 

Joe

oh no, Seichusen is the japanese word for the center line.&&&&

 

Victor

Ok thank you, that confirms what you already understand, I know nothing. I my best Sargeant Schultz fashion.

 

So I learn something after all, now you can go back to tracking the weather.

First the difference between keri and geri, and now Seichusen.

 

 

Just so you realize my inner dumbness remains intact.

Top of Form 1

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: