Friday, August 11, 2023

Tatsuo driving a nail with the edge of his hand

 

 

 


 

SHIMABUKU TATSUO, driving a nail in a block of wood

with the edge of his hand.

Agena Village Demo in 1960.

Photo taken by Jake Echenrode.

 

 

There are a lot of stories about this and I don’t know which ones are true.

 

One says he did do this at a demo, slipped and cut the back of his hand on the nail.

 

Version 1. Just whiped the blood off and then continued.

Version 2. Never did it again.


I am sure there are more too.

 

I can believe it because when I studied Tang Soo Do one day in class that instructor did a version of this.

He drove a 16 penny nail into a 2 x 4.

Then covered the nail with his obi

Grasped the covered nail with  his teeth and then pulled it out.

 

Told my dentist what I had seen,

His opinion, one day it will be the teeth that come out.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


SHIMABUKU TATSUO,driving a nail in a block of wood with the edge of his hand.

Agena Village Demo in 1960





No comments: