Wednesday, August 30, 2023

YangT’ai Chi Sword



Way back in 1979 I began my study of Yang T’ai Chi Chaun with Ernest Rothrock. Amidst that study I was taught what was about ½ of thee Yang T’ai Chi Chaun Sword Form. I did not know it was only a part of the form until a decade later the rest was taught to me.

 

Without doubt it was the most difficult form I have ever studied, extremely difficult to get with the correct flow. Made harder as the entire control of the sword comes from the wrist, and that control must be centered in your center too.

I studied many forms that were are are difficult, but this one was the most difficult to make any progress on.  Whether I did make any progress? Well!

 

This is Ernest Rothrock performing a bit of that form.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smAzpGT-dmg




No comments: