Thursday, August 17, 2023

Basic 13 RFF Right Roundhouse then Left Roundhouse

 

https://isshin-concentration.blogspot.com/search?q=Basic+13+RFF+Right+Roundhouse+then+Left+Roundhouse





 

isshin-concentration.blogspot.com

Basic 13 RFF Right Roundhouse then Left Roundhouse

 

When I was a beginner and I learned the upper body charts Number 13.…

 

Nick Spartacus I was never a fan of this technique and would never use it. Too much strain on the shoulder and little behind it. Too many better options to choose. Just my opinion.

 

Matthew Whitley Nick Spartacus I would have to respectfully disagree. If done correctly it shouldn't have any force/ strain in the shoulders.

 

Matthew Whitley, if that option was open, an open ridge hand to the throat would most likely be open and one I would feel more comfortably using.

 

Matthew Whitley Nick Spartacus all bottles are good brother 😎 use what is comfortable for you. I was merely commenting on your description of how it affected your body. If it is putting strain on your shoulder then I would suggest checking your stance and weight balance. I personally don't see the connection between this technique and an open ridge hand ??? I find this technique very useful and would use it before I used a ridge hand but that is my personal preference. I like both techniques equally and it becomes a choice of what I want to accomplish.

 

Matthew Whitley Nick Spartacus personally I also don't use it as a strike to the temple.

 

David Rayburn I was taught that these punches went to the solar plexus and kidney, or the base of the ribs. Never threw them to the temple, but an interesting view of them.

 

Victor Donald Smith When I was taught this in 1974. this was the only way it was done, no one worked technique applications then, it was quite a different paradigm that was followed. I just practiced and taught as I had been shown. I taught for free, and that didn't leave cash for travel so I did not associate with others tll I met Sherman Harril in 1975. 20 years, it always worked, Then I saw variant versions from Sherman, I had never seen, Added a lot to my vocabulary. But that did not mean what I was trained in didn't work either. There are many variations about how Isshinryu is performed. And interesting both my original instructor Tom Lewis, trained alongside Sherman Harrill in Okinawa. Why the difference, irrelevant to me.

 

Dan Jason Price I was taught both. Lower ribs as a White-Green. Brown and higher used it differently. I was Sandan and.then I met Master S Harrill... WOW !!!
We would use it in 3's 1 high, and 2 low in drills, and alternate. I use the Kusanku image to illustrate my areas of contact.


I LIKE ... Added a lot to my vocabulary. That did not mean what I was trained in worked/didn't work either. There are many variations how Isshin Ryu is performed.

 


 

No comments: